Design Schmuck

Design Schmuck
Design Schmuck Kim in Eastern Europe

Wednesday 28 September 2011

Design Schmuck

As a follow-up to my first post, I'm going to elaborate on exactly what the picture above represented.  I was on a conference with my husband, Jeff, and a few friends.  We were on a cruise and land tour of the Danube River which took us throughout Eastern Europe.  It was my first trip to Europe and I was overwhelmed with the design history that was flooding my mind:  abbeys, cathedrals, museums, parliament buildings, oh my!  I was also moved beyond (sensible) comprehension at the political history I was experiencing first hand as we followed the Nazi party's journey throughout Eastern Europe.  The combination of beauty and horror created a sense of urgency within me that I really still haven't been able to rationalize a year later.  My experiences have drastically impacted the way I design and even why I design.  I need to contemplate this...more to come.

Kim 

1 comment:

  1. I can see the picture now. So interesting to see that your travels have inspired your designs. I collect artwork when I travel and love the feeling of being away from home, while at home.

    ReplyDelete